What will my child be paid?
Your son or daughter’s wage will be dependent on the industrial award they’re paid under and may vary according to their age, how long they have been out of school and the industry in which they are employed.
For more specific information about wage entitlements visit Fairwork Australia
The Australian Government provides funding to eligible Australian Apprentices which is generally aimed to assist with costs incurred whilst undertaking training.
Some of the initiatives currently available across Australia*
- Living Away from Home Allowance
- Travel and Accommodated Allowances
- Youth Allowance, Austudy and ABSTUDY
- Trade Support Loans Programme
- Additional Identified Skill Shortage - an AISS payment will be available to eligible apprentices in identified occupations experiencing national skills shortages
- $1,000 at the 12 month point of commencement of the apprenticeship/traineeship
- $1,000 after successfully completing the apprenticeship/traineeship
To find out which incentives and benfits apply in each State or Territory please click on the relevant factsheet below.
*Not all Incentives are available in all States of Australia. Payment of incentives will be subject to employers and their apprentices and trainees satisfying the eligibility criteria. Details of each incentive should be discussed with Apprenticeship Support Australia.
Trade Support Loans (TSL)
Trade Support Loans provide up to $21,078 (from 1 July 2019) to eligible Australian Apprentices in priority areas to assist them with the costs of living and learning while undertaking an Australian Apprenticeship.
A 20 per cent discount is applied on the amount borrowed when the apprentice successfully completes their apprenticeship.
Apprentices are required to repay the loans through the tax system when their repayment income meets the repayment threshold. The loans are flexible to meet the needs of each individual.
For more information on how Apprenticeship Support Australian support your child through their apprenticeship, call us today on 1300 363 831.