Changes effective from 28th October 2020
Posted on 28/10/20 in
The Federal Government have released changes to the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements (BAC) Wage Subsidy.
The BAC Wage Subsidy will continue to be available to employers that:
• Hire a trade-based apprentice or trainee (a list of qualifications that meet this criteria is yet to be announced)
• Hire a non-trade-based trainee that meet the new worker definition (i.e. have been employed for less than 3 months full time or less than 12 months part-time or casual prior to commencing the qualification)
Regarding Existing Worker non-trade-based qualifications (traineeships) there is now a cap of 30 BAC places per employer (defined by an ABN) where they meet the following criteria:
• A casual staff member moving to a full-time employment position and undertaking a traineeship
• A casual staff member moving to a part-time employment position and undertaking a traineeship
• A part-time staff member moving to a full-time position to undertake a traineeship
All existing worker contracts that have a commencement date between 5th October and 27th October, will be honoured and will not impact on an employer's 30 existing worker trainee cap.
Apprenticeship Support Australia will make additional information available on our website as soon as it is available.
In the meantime, please reach out to our Customer Service Centre via 1300 363 831 or firstname.lastname@example.org