Finally, real help is at hand!
Working in conjunction with professional psychologists and trainers, Apprenticeships Support Australia’s partner, Skillsroad, has put together a suite of classroom-ready tools, including fully downloadable lesson plans and videos, to help guide your students to make informed career choices on topics such as career planning and preparing for job interviews.
REGISTER FOR FREE ON SKILLSROAD TO GET YOUR STUDENTS STARTED
You can also encourage your pupils to Register
so that they can access the following applications and resources:
- Career Quiz – a brand-new mobile and tablet-friendly Career Quiz app designed by a psychologist, which generates a personalised report with career recommendations based on the student’s strongest skillset. This helps to guide students on potential career opportunities to consider.
- Explore Careers – a space where students can explore information and videos about over 350 careers, including long-term career projections and earning potential.
- 360 ° Virtual Workplace – an interactive platform for students to explore different workplaces in a completely new and exciting way and informing them of what steps to take should they be interested in learning more about certain careers.
- Job Fit Test – this test takes students beyond school to examine their readiness for the workplace and suitability for different career options.
- Resume Templates – designed to help job seekers create a resumé and cover letter with step-by-step tips and suggestions.
- Jobs Board – a live listing of entry-level jobs (including apprenticeships) across a variety of industries.
- Preparing for Work – advice to guide students through the job application process and getting ready for work.
also hosts regular updates and continually develops new resources for those working in the careers advisory space. Check back regularly to get access to the latest teaching news, tools and resources.